Well, here we go again.
Here’s a little recap of last year’s events:
- My boyfriend, Will, decided he wanted to work up in Alaska for the summer.
- I, being the supportive girlfriend that I am, said, “That sounds like a GREAT opportunity.”
- Note: I didn’t think he’d actually go through with it.
- Will packed his bags in May of 2017, and left in June of 2017.
- I, being the emotional girlfriend that I am, cried a lot.
- Will returned in August of 2017.
- I cried again (happy tears, mind you).
- Will decided he wanted to go back the following year.
- [see: “That sounds like a GREAT opportunity.”]
- Will gets the opportunity to go back up in April instead of June.
- Crying? Crying.
And here we are.
So, yes, my amazing boyfriend, who I am very attached to, is making the trek back up to Naknek, Alaska, where he will be working crazy 18 hour shifts while I slowly lose my mind back home.
Does it suck? Yea, kinda.
But, ya know what? We’ve done this before. We’ll power through.
I’m going to ATTEMPT to write at least a few posts throughout the time he is gone (I can never promise anything [see: my many months of hiatus] but I can try). I have no idea what I’ll be writing, if I’m being completely honest, but I feel like I’m gonna need some sort of outlet to release any pent-up frustrations or thoughts I have concerning his time away.
Will leaves April 15th (well, okay, technically he leaves April 14th, but it’s a night flight so it doesn’t count). So the countdown begins now.
Current Date: March 27, 2018.
Days ’til departure: 18
Oh, yea, so I’ll probably be shortening the name a little because I’m lazy af and it’s efficient. So LWW: The Remix? I dunno, let me know down below if you have a better idea.